Wachusett Earthday is run on a nearly all-volunteer basis and we can always use extra hands and ideas. If you have time to help out regularly or just occasionally, we welcome your help with sorting of materials inside the ReUse Building; handling electronics and metals for recycling; overseeing the drop off of general recyclables, bulbs and batteries, and more.
We are currently in need of volunteers with skills to assist in projects like these:
- Volunteers during our open hours who will:
- Work at Check In to verify residency, assess loads and take payment/make change etc.
- Oversee items dropped off in the Annex (sports, medical, luggage, baby items)
- Oversee Styrofoam prep for recycling on Thursdays and Saturdays. (possibly during our volunteer work hours too).
- Transporting items for reuse to the Center from individuals or businesses
- Transporting items for reuse from the Center to other non-profits
- Assist with periodic furniture moving/loading a truck for the Fresh Start Furniture Bank
- Website support/design
How to Sign Up
Please complete the following form, if you are interested in volunteering at the Recycle Center – and thank you!
We Love Our Volunteers